First, get 2 pieces of paper (8 1/2 x 11) and something to write with.
On one piece of paper write down the Life Purpose format exactly as
follows: 1) On the second sheet of paper write down the activities you most like
to do; the activities you are most passionate about doing. What do you
most like to do? Write down at least 6 if possible.
2) From the Action Verbs database below select as many as you can that
relate to those activities (choose at least 6 if possible; feel free to
add any of your own that are not on the list). Write your database
selections down on the second sheet of paper. ACTION VERBS
1) On the second sheet of paper write down the activities you most like to do; the activities you are most passionate about doing. What do you most like to do? Write down at least 6 if possible.
2) From the Action Verbs database below select as many as you can that relate to those activities (choose at least 6 if possible; feel free to add any of your own that are not on the list). Write your database selections down on the second sheet of paper.
ACTION VERBS DATABASE
accelerate act adapt adjust administer advertise advise advocate aide allocate analyze appraise approve arbitrate arrange assemble assist authorize balance boost build calculate capture catalog clarify classify coach collaborate collect combine communicate compare compile complete compose compute conceive conceptualize condense conduct conserve control convert counsel create critique customize define design develop diagnose direct discover edit educate encourage enhance entertain evaluate examine experiment explain express fashion fix identify illustrate improve inform inspire investigate judge learn listen manage motivate nurture organize prevent produce promote protect question read rehabilitate research reshape restore revitalize speak start transform uncover unify unite verbalize verify write
|1) Go to your second sheet of paper. From that selection
of action verbs choose the top 3 (circle or check them).
2) Enter the top 3 onto the first sheet of paper in the blank spaces above 3 motivations
You have now completed the first part of finding your Life Purpose.
After completing the first part of your Life Purpose go on to the next step below - Personal Principles Database
PERSONAL PRINCIPLES DATABASE
INSTRUCTIONSThis database contains things that you stand for, values that are most important to you, things that you believe in strongly; your guiding principles.
1) From the Personal Principles database below select as many as are important to you (10-12 if possible) and write them down on your second sheet of paper. (Feel free to choose any of your own that do not appear in the database)
2) From that list on your second sheet of paper select the ONE single principle that is most important and meaningful to you. (feel free to choose one of your own)
3) Enter that principle onto the first sheet of paper where it says Guiding Principle
adventure authority balance beauty behavior betterment calm change character charity charm chaos clarity cleanliness comedy commitment comfort communication community concern for others cooperation creativity democracy discipline equality efficiency enlightenment faith family flair freedom friendship fun gratitude growth honor harmony honesty improvement independence innocence innovation integrity intelligence knowledge loyalty love naturalness openness order peace perfection preservation positivity practicality progress purity quality romance responsibility religion resourcefulness respect responsiveness rules safety security self-reliance service sharing simplicity space speed spirituality strength systemization substantiality success teamwork thinking tolerance tradition truth trust understanding wisdom
|After you have done the above you have completed the Principles stage. You are ready to go to the next step below -Target database|
INSTRUCTIONSThe Targets database contains examples of group(s) of people and things that you would like to help the most. The database is only a small cross section of society. Obviously it is impossible to list ALL the thousands of different elements of society so feel free to substitute any group, groups or cause that you feel the strongest about. You may already be very clear on who or what you most want to help. Use that/those choices.
That being said,
addicts (choose an addiction) athletes artists animals children creative disabled disorganized environment families fearful gay/lesbian homeless illiterate lonely married men mentally ill minorities nature non-religious poor political religious rich senior citizens seekers sick singles sinners unattractive uneducated unorganized women victims
note: if your top choice for Target doesn't seem to fit then simply enter "anyone who really cares" on the life purpose sheet (in the blank where it says "with/to/for")
You have now completed all the parts of the Life Purpose Program. Make sure you entered them in the proper places on your Life Purpose "statement".
Congratulations! You now know what your life purpose is. Once you know, it is then up to you to find ways to implement it in the real world. Be true to it and yourself. It may take you a bit of time to find your way and it may be frustrating at times but do not lose hope. Follow your life purpose and you can find the genuine happiness and personal fulfillment you have always wanted!